Psychedelic Sounds from Dub to Drone, Jazz to the Nazz, Funk to Space Junk...
Airing Wednesdays 10pm-midnight on WBCR-LP, 97.7fm.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Harmony of the Spheres

As I'd mentioned before, I've been working on a theme show dedicated to electronic classical music. I think I may hold off a little longer on that. While going through my records (which are in no order whatsoever) I came across the Harmony of the Spheres 3LP set on Drunken Fish records that I haven't listened to in a long time.

When the Harmony of of the Spheres came out in 1996 it collected exclusive works from 6 of the main names in the swirly world of drone at the time: Bardo Pond, Flying Saucer Attack, Jessamine, Roy Montgomery, Loren Mazzacane Connors, and Charalambides.

Released in an edition of 3000, the set is beautifully packaged in a black box with silver inking. Originally, Darren from Drunken Fish insisted the set would not be reissued on CD, but three years later he relented the outpouring of public demand to set the music free from the clutches of the kollectorskum (like me, I suppose) and released the music on as a 2CD set.

The CD reissue is still available from a number of the online retailers in the sidebar. Drunken Fish albums are also available for download from emusic.com (hint: you can get a free trial of 50 mp3s).

So, having written this, I imagine I will play the Harmony of the Spheres tomorrow. Tune in if you'd like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home